12 Oct 2010

Working Life…

Working life certainly takes some getting used to!

The earliest I’ll finish work is 5.30- and only because I have just started the job.  This is followed by an hour and a quarter squashed commute back on the underground.  Then, after I have done a few sits up and had a shower, gobbled down some delicious pasta topped with ketchup in 5 minutes flat and gone to synagogue for evening prayers, it is already 8 in the evening! 

I then, depressingly, only have two hours to myself to do somethingOne thing.  I have the choice of watching Star Trek or doing some reading or see a friend for an hour or playing an instrument or writing something interesting or do some learning.  But only if I’m decisive.  If I just mill around for a bit- say, half an hour- I find its already getting too late to do anything.  The instrument will disturb the neighbours, it will be pointless seeing the friend for such a short time, I’ll be too tired to learn and I’ll miss the beginning of Star Trek. 

Of course, if I am sociable and go straight out for a few pints after work with my colleagues, then it is literally back to bed slightly woozy without even doing any exercise, going to synagogue or having a shower.

Today I wrote this. Better luck tomorrow.

No comments: